Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chapter 6

Neutral messages are usually messages if you anticipate that the reader will do as you ask without having to be persuaded. It is usually under the direct organizational plan, which the main idea is stated first, followed by explanations and details, and then a friendly closing.  According to Business Communication book, by Newman and Ober, "Using a direct organizational plan for neutral and positive messages puts the major news first- where it stands out and gets the most attention."  Which is true for someone who are always busy and doing something, they might not have time to read the ideas first before getting into the main idea.  They would like to know the main points first, it saves them lots of time and allows them to skim through the message.  There is also a persuasive message which is the indirect organizational plan. 

From my own experiences,  I've had some neutral messages.  Usually when I send a text message to my friends.  I usually ask them to do some errands for me and they just usually do it without asking me why. Well I also include in the text, the reasoning behind it and why I cannot do it myself.  Such as "I left the stove on, can you turn it off for me, I am at work and will not be home till later. Thank you very much." It would be nice for them to do so that when I get home, I can still have a home and not be homeless. 

An example of neutral messages in my career field would be requesting their appointments or reminding them of their incoming appointments.  I would also be requesting medical records/file from different physicians or doctors.  I would need to write a positive messages to different doctor's requesting for my patient's file, so that I can perform the treatment that I would need to do on them.  This is common for medical fields since they will need to access patients file. 








No comments:

Post a Comment