Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Medical Assistant found guilty!

An article on google news has some exciting and shocking news about a medical assistant, who was found guilty on most charges.  Rebecca Louise Raber, a 48 year old woman who worked at Waynesburg Family medicine. You can also call her "Becky".  She calls in prescriptions to a pharmacy without a doctor's consent.  She was found "guilty of six of seven counts each of criminal solicitation to commit acquisition and violation of the pharmacy act"("Medical Assistant charged," 2013).  Raber called in seven prescription for Nancy Horr.  She called in seven prescription for Ativan.  Drug that is used to relieve anxiety.

I don't know how she can call in prescriptions for patients without the doctor's consent.  Nowadays whenever I would go to the doctor, they would use their portable laptops to send the prescription via computer.  After the doctor is done seeing me, he would send my prescription to my preferred pharmacy and I will get the chance to pick it up in minutes.  I'm glad that she got caught and is serving her time in the prison.  She deserve to be in prison after what she did.  Horr was also charged, I think that its the right thing that she was also charged.

How could anyone just call in prescriptions at the pharmacist? If anyone could just do this, we would ran out of medicines, and might not have any for real emergencies for people who actually needs the medicine.  This could be used by drug addicts and use it for the wrong reasons which they would be put in jail for drug abuse.  Not only this is bad for their health but it will definitely ruin their future.   Not all medical assistant are like this, I hope someday that when I finally become one that I will learn from this article and actually do my duty and help people.

Medical assistant charged with calling in fraudulent prescription found guilty of most charges. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130624/NEWS02/130629620/-1/NEWS#.UfClY43qmSo


No comments:

Post a Comment