Friday, July 5, 2013

The Writing Process

Chapter 4 The Writing Process
I know that there will be a lot of writing involve in this class.  This class is not any different from the English classes I had to take.  I took Composition I and II with the same teacher, and I we did three essays in both class.  In order to write good essays I needed to know what the writing process were.  The writing process starts off as analyzing the audience,knowing who our audience will be, next comes the planning, the rough draft, revising, and last but not the least proofreading the paper.

This class is going to be different from my past classes because this class is geared to add on new things that I have learned in my Composition classes.  This class is to help us communicate better in the "real world".  Unlike composition class, this class helps us write memos, letter and to have employment portfolio instead of writing about research papers, analysis paper and so forth.  I believe that composition I and II prepared us for this class by knowing the writing process.

The writing assignments will of course have to follow the steps of the writing process, so that part of it will be no more different than my Composition classes.  To start the writing assignments, one might think who the audience for this assignment is. Make sure to use proper words, be accurate and complete, and  use familiar words. Avoid having to repeat oneself.  As long as they follow the writing process, the writing assignments should come easy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your response. I think that understanding what the writing process and following helps someone write a better quality paper.I like your comment: "This class is to help us communicate better in the "real world". I think that many of the assignments will be helpful in that aspect. I have not taken a comp class in about 7 years so I am not really sure what to compare this too.

    ReplyDelete